The city of dreams, the city of hollywood and the city that gave us great personalities like Leonardo Dicaprio, Los Angeles is actually more than just a Hollywood Hub. When you are planning a trip LA, your screens are sure to light up with all the glamour that this city has to offer. While there are plenty of travel websites offering a wealth of information, here are the most important pointers that you need to remember while planning a trip to LA:
How to get there and around?
You can get to Los Angeles by Air through, LAX which is the main airport of Los Angeles. You can even get there by bus as well as train! To get around Los Angeles, you can make use of the metro, bus, cab, car, rented bikes or just walk around on foot!
Where to Stay in Los Angeles?
There are plenty of accommodation options in Los Angeles. Right from budget Beds and Breakfasts to upscale hotels, there are a lot of places where you can stay when in LA. Some of the options that you can consider are:
- Budget: Best Western Plus Carriage Inn,
- Mid range: Magic Castle Hotel, Omni Los Angeles Hotel, The Hollywood Roosevelt
- Luxury: SLS Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, Hotel Bel-Air, Four Seasons Hotel
The best restaurants to eat in Los Angeles are:
- Water Grill
- Sun Nong Don
When to Visit Los Angeles?
Los Angeles has an amazing weather all year around. You can enjoy on the beach everyday and not experience cold temperatures, really! The best time to visit Los Angeles is from June to August, but it is also the peak season for tourists.
May to August is one time when the tourist season is also not high and the winter is not painful either. However, it can get hot during this time.
End of the year is when you get great deals since the winter is upon the whole of U.S.A. It is always better to see your priority while planning a trip- is it the weather, the budget or the tourist season, whatever works the best for you should dictate your Los Angeles itinerary planning.
What to Do?
Most travel websites related to Los Angeles would list out the glamorous attractions. However, there is a lot to experience in this city. Following are the experiences you definitely should have in Los Angeles:
1. You cannot come to the land of movies and not visit Universal Studios. With Harry Potter themed corner, Despicable me rides and a lot more- this studio is a treat for every cinephile.
2. Try attending a concert in the Walt Disney Hall.
3. Have a walk to remember at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
4. Get mesmerized by the art world at the Getty Centre.
5. Soak in the sartorial magic at the Rodeo Drive.
6. Spend a sunny day at the Santa Monica Pier
7. Steal a taste at the Taco Centre.
8. Enjoy a picnic at the Hollywood Bowl.
9. Visit the Griffith Observatory and explore the museum as well.
Travel tips for Los Angeles:
- A lot of shops are quite high end and are available depending upon the appointments, so ensure to not just walk into any shop without knowing a little about it before.
- People are quite friendly here, but do not go for drinks randomly with anybody.
- It is also crucial to remember that pickpocketing is a problem in many areas. So, do not carry a lot of cash; especially to tourist attractions.
- Not tipping is frowned upon and is also compulsory in many places, so remember to ensure you have enough for your meal as well as for the tip.
A quintessential Los Angeles experience is the one that is planned really well! Remember to do really good trip planning to make the most of your trip!